Kaiser High School Athletic Foundation Announces their 2014 Honorees
On May 10th, 2014 on the lū‘au grounds of Sea Life Park from 5:30pm to 9:30pm as we chase the sunset looking out over Makapu‘u we will honor another class of distinguished members from our Cougar ‘Ohana.These honorees are being recognized for their exemplary work in helping build and represent the distinguishing qualities of the Kaiser High School Athletic program and have continued to represent Kaiser High School in the community as role models.
Our 2014 honorees are:
- Lee Donohue
- JV Head Football Coach, Chief of Police for the City & County of Honolulu.
- Clayton Fujie
- Teacher, Head Varsity Baseball Coach, principal of Noelani Elementary School and Deputy Superintendent for the Department of Education State of Hawai‘i, DoDEA Japan District Superintendent.
- Clayton “Clay” Stanley
- Student Athlete, Basketball and Volleyball, Collegiate Star at the University of Hawai‘i, competed in the 2004 and 2008 summer games, Olympic Gold Medalist in the 2008 Beijing Games where he was named the “Most Valuable Player.”
- Lori Castillo
- Student Athlete, golf, OIA and state high school standout, earned All American honors while at Stanford University, participated on the European Tour as well as the LPGA, is an member of the Hawai‘i Golf Hall of Fame and is the Head Coach for the University of Hawai‘i Rainbow Wahines Golf Team.
- 1972 OIA JV Championship Basketball Team
- First team to win an OIA Championship for Kaiser High School
Member of that team were:
||Baron Rathe La Gurche
||Capt. James Defries